Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965, As Amended TITLE I, PART A
Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965 as amended by (PL114-95), Section 1603 (b), 20 USC 6573) – Committee of Practitioners.
Each State Educational Agency (SEA) that receives funds under this title shall create a State Committee of Practitioners (COP) to advise the state in carrying out its responsibilities under this title.
- (A) as a majority of its members, representatives from local educational agencies;
- (B) administrators, including the administrators of programs described in other parts of this title;
- (C) teachers from traditional public schools and charterschools (if there are charter schools in the State) and career and technical educators;
- (D) principals and other school leaders;
- (E) parents;
- (F) members of local school boards;
- (G) representatives of private school children;
- (H) specialized instructional support personnel andparaprofessionals;
- (I) representatives of authorized public charteringagencies (if there are charter schools in the State); and
- (J) charter school leaders (if there are charter schools in the State).
The duties of such committee shall include a review, before publication, of any proposal or final State rule or regulation pursuant to this title. In an emergency situation where such rule or regulation must be issued within a very limited time to assist LEAs with the operation of the program under this title, the SEA may issue a regulation without prior consultation, but shall immediately thereafter convene the Committee to review the emergency regulation before issuance in final form.
Committee of Practitioners
To view a list of members, please go to Commitee of Practitioners.
For more information, please contact:
Chante'le' Williams, Program Coordinator
Arkansas Department of Education
Division of Elementary and Secondary Education
Special Education and Federal Program
Four Capitol Mall, Mail Slot #26
Little Rock, AR 72201