Trainings and Supports
The Office of School Safety works in partnership with other Units and Initiatives in DESE to support a safe learning environment for all students. Trainings offered below are open to all educators, administrators, maintenance staff, transportation staff, and volunteers.
Registration is required for training sessions and managed through the escWorks system. Certificates of Attendance are available for these sessions when viewed live and participation can be verified through login and email address.
Click on the session title to view description information and to register through escWorks. If you do not have an escWorks account and are not eligible for one, you may email email@example.com and ask to be registered; please specify the session name(s).
Past Trainings (Recordings)When possible, training sessions are recorded and posted for later viewing. Recent sessions are listed below, and all recorded session are in the School Safety Playlist on YouTube. DESE does not provide Professional Learning Credit for viewing of the recordings. Please discuss options for credit with your administration or licensing agency or join us for an upcoming session listed above.
- Child Safety and Prevention Education: (video) - Presented by the Morgan Nick Foundation
(pdf description and objectives) (feedback form)
- Reporting Educational Neglect: What to Include (video) – Presented by ASP-Crimes Against Children
(pdf description and objectives) (Handout)
- Child Abuse Hotline: Beyond the Call (video) – Presented by ASP-Crimes Against Children
(pdf description and objectives) (PowerPoint) (Q&A Document from Training)
- Code of Ethics for Arkansas Educators (video)– Presented by the PLSB Unit at DESE
(pdf description and objectives)
- Child Abuse Investigation: The Differential Response Unit (Video) – Presented by the Division of Child and Family Services
(pdf Description and Objectives) (Powerpoint)
- Mental Health and the Holidays (Video) - Presented by AR Connect
- Powerpoint and Handouts
- Child Abuse Investigation: The Role of the Children's Advocacy Center (video) - Presented by Cooper Anthony Mercy Children's Advocacy Center
- Addiction and Recovery Resources: Peer Recovery Specialists (video) - Presented by Arkansas Office of the State Drug Director