To schedule an appointment for fingerprinting at the DESE, click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040b4ba8a829aafd0-fingerprinting
Background Check Process
Step One: Online Background Check Consent Form
Step Two: Background Check Payment
Step Three: List of Approved Live Scan Locations
- In-state applicants proceed to your nearest Approved Live Scan Location to complete the fingerprinting process. Bring photo ID, copy of consent form, and a copy of payment receipt with Transaction ID (electronic copy is acceptable).
- Out-of-state applicants must obtain a pre-printed fingerprint card from the Arkansas Department of Education. Please submit your name and mailing address to: email@example.com.
- Please complete form, and follow the instructions.
- Please allow four weeks for the employability status to be determined before contacting Arkansas Department of Education
- “Please allow four weeks for the employability status to be determined before contacting Arkansas Department of Education”.
Arkansas Code Ann. §§ 6-17-410 and 6-17-414 identify the disqualifying offenses. A summary list may be found at: Disqualifying Offenses (PDF).
State and Federal Criminal Records Check
Step-by-Step Instructions for:
- Employers (School Districts/Charter Schools, Cooperatives, Vendors) and Educator Preparation Programs (for Pre-service Teachers) paying for the state and federal criminal records check.
Additional Information for Federal Criminal Records Check:
School District Instructions for Classified Employee Waivers
- An Arkansas educational entity shall afford a classified employee or applicant the opportunity to request a waiver from the educational entity’s board. For more information, go to Educational Entity Responsibilities Concerning Waiver of Disqualifying Offenses for Classified Employees.