Request a Lifetime Teaching License
Effective: August 1, 2017, the Lifetime Teaching License is also available to persons who are retired*, whether or not they are 62 years of age.
Please Note: There is NO FEE for a Lifetime Teaching License
The applicant must hold a current or expired Arkansas teaching license
- Ark. Code § 24-7-701 (voluntary retirement at age 60 with 5 yrs of service or at any age with 28 yrs of service);
- Ark. Code § 24-7-702 (early voluntary retirement at any age with combined total of 25 yrs or more); or
- Ark. Code § 24-7-704 (disability retirement)
*All questions relating to teacher retirement should be directed to the Arkansas Teacher Retirement System, 501-682-1517, 1-800-666-2877 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Requirements:
- No annual professional development (PD) is required for licensing purposes.
- However, a lifetime teaching license holder employed by a school district must complete all PD required by the school district (including professional growth plan requirements under TESS). Therefore all PD requirements should be discussed with the school district where the license holder is employed.