Information for Schools and Districts
Training for School District Home School Liaisons
Thank you for being the liaison for home school students and parents.
Each summer, the Home School Office provides technical assistance for Home School Liaisons on data entry, record keeping, and account management. These meetings are held at Educational Cooperatives around the state. They are designed to assist the Liaison in their role of supporting parents with the home school process in Arkansas. We discuss the process for receiving and submitting the Notice of Intent to Home School (NOI) forms as well as Home School Law and Division of Elementary and Secondary Education Rules and Regulations. For more information on locations and attendance please contact the Home School Office or check your local ESCWorks account to register. The information packet from the previous summer is available below. If you need additional support or assistance please contact the Home School Office, we are here to serve you.
- Summer 2020 Home School Liaison Training – This presentation serves as a general tutorial and highlights updates made to the rules on homeschooling in Arkansas due to recent legal changes. A video of the presentation, which is being conducted via online conferencing will be available after training ends in August.
Important Information and Updates
- June 14 - Last day the NOI form will be accepted for the current school year.
- June 15 - First day the NOI form will be accepted for the upcoming school year. All forms suubmitted before this date will be processed for the preceding school year.
- If you have contact personnel changes for home school, please email email@example.com as soon as possible to provide the updated information.
- If a home school student moves to your district from another state, please advise the parent to submit a Notice of Intent within 30 days of their arrival.
- If a home school student moves to your district from another district, please advise the parent to contact the Home School Office with the new address and school district.
- According to the law, all of the information on the Notice of Intent is required, with the exception of the email address, which is optional.
- The Notice of Intent does not have to be notarized before registering to home school.
- All information turned in on the Notice of Intent (NOI) is confidential by law, and may not be shared with outside agencies or other people. Please direct all inquiries of this nature to the Home School Office.
- It is the responsibility of the resident school district to process and add all NOI forms received into the database system. Resident schools will then keep a copy for their records and send the original to the Home School Office.
- The superintendent's office must accept all NOI forms turned in to the school, and cannot turn any away. If you should have a question about the validity of a form, accept the form and then contact Trish Wilcox at the Home School Office.
- ALL home school correspondence should come through the superintendent's office only.
- If you should have any questions or concerns, please contact Trish Wilcox at the Home School Office. Thank you for all that you do for home school students.
For more information, please contact:
Trish Wilcox, Program Advisor
Home School Office
Arkansas Department of Education
Division of Elementary and Secondary Education
Four Capitol Mall, Mail Slot 6
Little Rock, AR 72201