Notice of Intent
- June - Reminder email sent to home school parents announcing that NOIs will be accepted for the upcoming school year starting on June 15 and outlining the process for submission.
- June 15 - First day the NOI form will be accepted for the upcoming school year. All forms submitted before this date will be processed for the preceding school year.
- August 15 - Deadline for NOI form to be submitted for the upcoming school year. NOI forms submitted after this date for a student currently enrolled in public school will be subject to a waiting period of 5 school days before releasing the student to be home-schooled. The superintendent or local school district board has the authority to waive this waiting period upon request.
- August 15 - Deadline to select the optional, one-time, state-funded PSAT (10th grade) or ACT (11th) test for college readiness purposes. Advanced Placement (AP) exams are also available, but you may be responsible for any fee(s) associated with the AP exam(s). Click here to learn more.
- FAQ – This document is separated into two parts addressing Frequently Asked Questions for both the paper NOI and the online NOI. If you have questions not addressed here, please call or email our office and we will be glad to assist you.
Parents may complete the NOI form online or on paper, as outlined below:
Online NOI Form Procedures
Parent User Guide: This document shares, step by step, the process needed for first time or returning parents using the online NOI system, including how to select a PSAT, ACT, or AP testing option. Screenshots and detailed instructions are provided.
First-time users: Click the green button below and create a new account. If you need assistance, please watch this brief New User Video Tutorial or contact the Home School Office.
Current users: Click the green button below and log in using your existing username and password. If you need assistance with your username and password, please contact the Home School Office. This brief Returning User Video Tutorial shows the basic steps for submitting a new NOI if needed.
School district personnel: Click the green button below, then log in with your Triand account.
NOTE: For best results, please use the online registration system with a desktop or laptop computer (NOT a phone or tablet) with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
Paper NOI Form Procedures
Parents: Please print and completely fill in the NOI form linked below. The completed form can be mailed, hand-delivered, or submitted electronically to your resident school district. For assistance determining your resident school district, click here. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. If you need assistance completing the form, please contact the Home School Office at (501) 682-1874.
School District Personnel: When you receive a completed paper NOI form, please enter the information online and then mail the original form to the Home School Office.
For more information, please contact:
David Nance, Program Advisor
Home School Office
Arkansas Department of Education
Division of Elementary and Secondary Education
Four Capitol Mall, Mail Slot 6
Little Rock, AR 72201