Naviance by PowerSchool
Supporting Arkansas Student Success Plans with Naviance
Naviance is a college, career, and life readiness (CCLR) platform that supports the Arkansas Student Success Plan by enabling students to create academic and career plans aligned with their interests and goals. With Naviance, students access tools to discover their strengths, explore college and career interests, create actionable goals, and find their best-fit path after high school.
Engage Students and Meet State Requirements
Naviance supports the four key requirements in the Arkansas Student Success Plan with tools that engage students and help prepare and plan for future success.
- Pathways to graduation: Ensure students have a 4-year course plan that meets graduation requirements and entrance requirements at colleges of interest.
- Accelerated learning opportunities: Provide students with access to career connected learning opportunities and identify accelerated high school coursework that aligns to their postsecondary goals.
- Academic deficits and interventions: Identify students who are missing course requirements and develop intervention strategies that connect to students’ interests and goals.
- College and Career Planning: Provide students with a robust set of college and career exploration and planning tools that enable them to explore and find the best path toward their postsecondary goals.
Research-Backed Readiness Model
Arkansas schools and districts are relying on a research-backed model for college and career readiness. The Naviance College, Career, and Life Readiness (CCLR) FrameworkÒ provides a blueprint to prepare students for success after graduation. The model centers on six competencies that students in grades 6-12 must achieve to become college, career, and life ready. The six competencies are:
- Social Emotional Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Academic Skills
- Career Knowledge
- College Knowledge
- Transition Skills
Naviance is a comprehensive platform that helps all students develop these essential skills need to be successful in their futures, while supporting Arkansas DOE requirements.
Here are some helpful resources to learn more about how Naviance can support Arkansas students to be college, career, and life ready!
- Watch this Naviance overview video to learn more.
- Here from school districts across the country on how Naviance has helped drive graduation rates, improve student engagement, and increase college acceptance rates! Read our case studies.
- Access a recorded demo of Naviance here or schedule a meeting for a live demo.
Ready to talk? Get in touch with us to learn more about Naviance for Arkansas students