Public School Choice Act of 2015
Ark. Code Ann. § 6-18-1901 et seq. outlines the procedures for any school district claiming a conflict with the law. For more information, please go to Commissioner’s Memo COM-21-064.
To apply for a school choice transfer under the Public School Choice Act of 2015 or the Opportunity School Choice Act, please use this School Choice Form and FAQ. To access the form in Spanish, please go to Solicitud De Eleccion De Escuela. To access the FAQ in Spanish please go to Preguntas Frecuentes. For more information, please consult the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education Rules Governing Public School Choice.
Based on the proof provided, the Arkansas Department of Education has issued written exemptions to the following school districts from participation in transfers under the School Choice Act for the 2019-2020 school year. Click on the name of the school district to review the documentation for each school district:
- Camden Fairview School District
- Cutter-Morning Star School District
- El Dorado School District
- Fountain Lake School District
- Hope School District
- Hot Springs School District
- Jessieville School District
- Junction City School District
- Lake Hamilton School District
- Lakeside School District (Garland County)
- Mountain Pine School District