ADE Training & Professional Learning Opportunities
The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) is committed to leading the nation in student-focused education. To meet that mission, we must support all
levels of our staff to be knowledgeable, productive, and efficient in their role of providing assistance to schools in our state. The ADE is proud to provide various avenues of training and support for all employees. ADE employees are encouraged to explore the opportunities for learning and growth available through these resources. The ability to access unlimited on-demand access to a full library of online courses, along with face-to-face training, allows staff to customize a learning plan unique to their needs and schedule.
Develop Professional Skills, Learn Something New
The month of April is Financial Literacy Month, and the ADE Office of Human Resources is excited to offer four sessions as part of the 2023 Financial Wellness Series.
You do not want to miss this year’s lineup!
- Need help preparing a Will, Living Trust, or Estate Planning? Attorney Laura Dyer Johnson will show you how.
- Do you qualify to have your student loan forgiven? We have several success stories, and more guidance will be offered. The creator of the Facebook group Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Support will lead this session.
- Want to know more about the Arkansas Diamond Plan and how you can save money for retirement?
- Do you have questions about managing your Social Security? Stay prepared - the future is now!
See the attached flyer or click here for the details and registration links.
Registration is required. Scan the QR codes and register via your smartphone. All sessions are on Zoom.
The sessions are free and open to all state employees and their family members.
April 18, 2023 - Wills and Estate Planning
April 25, 2023 - Arkansas Diamond Plan
April 26, 2023 - Social Security Administration
April 27, 2023 - Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
Contact HumanResources@ade.arkansas.gov for questions.
ADE Supervisory Training - 2022-2023
The ADE Human Resources office is excited to offer the following Manager’s Toolkit Trainings! Registration required! Mandatory for anyone in a supervisory role (direct reports). To register for a session, click on the date you would like to attend. Supervisors only need to attend one date for each topic.
The link will open to Arkansas Digital Sandbox account, and you will enter your login information you use to log into your ADE account.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - ADE Supervisory Training - American with Disabilities Act (ADA) 11-2-22
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - ADE Supervisory Training - Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)- 10-20-22
- ADE Specific Supervisory Training (Topics: Workplace Conduct, The Importance of Documentation, ADE Communication Templates, and more) ADE Specific Supervisory Training - with ASL Interpreter 12-6-22
Financial Wellness Series 2022
The ADE Office of Human Resources is excited to offer four sessions as part of our Financial Wellness Series! Registration required! Anyone can attend any session! Click the link or scan the QR code on the flyer to register for a session. All ADE employees and their families are invited to join. Check back for the 2023 series to be announced soon.
- Financial Planning Designed to Empower You (Recording) - 4/13/2022
- PSLF and Retirement Savings Questions and Answers
- PSLF Slides
- Retirement Savings - Cash Flow Management Slides 4/13/2022
- Improving Your Credit Score (Recording) - 4/12/2022
- Estate Planning Video (Recording) - 4/6/2022
- Estate Planning Slides 4/6/2022
- Arkansas Diamond Plan Video (Recording) - 4/20/2022
- PowerPoint Slides
Active Attacker Training
Description: The Active Attacker training will inform how to respond to an active attacker/armed assailant. The class is one hour of lecture and questions and answers and one hour of walk-through/talk-through to better understand how to respond to an active shooter event. Learn more at Active Attacker Training.
More Learning Opportunities
|Need assistance creating an ArkansasIDEAS account? Contact the helpdesk at 1-800-488-6689.|
|Contact Regina Blevens at 501-682-4211 or Regina.Blevens@ade.arkansas.gov for assistance with AASIS IDs for OPM Training.|
|Contact Mahoganey Franklin at 501-682-4482 or Mahoganey.Franklin@ade.arkansas.gov about the Employee Assistance Program.|
|Click here to reset password for Security Mentor. For technical problems, contact email@example.com|
For more information, please contact:Teletha Leonard, Human Resources Director
Office of the Secretary
Arkansas Department of Education
Four Capitol Mall, Room 104-A
Little Rock, AR 72201