Step 3: Develop an Incident Response Plan
How do I develop an incident response plan?
How many data incidents were reported in your school or district in the last year? Unfortunately, many organizations are unable to answer this question. Data incidents cannot be reported if personnel is unsure how to identify and report them. Having an effective data incident response plan in place can help to minimize the potential damage to your organization's reputation, harm to the individuals involved, and financial repercussions.
- Establish a Data Breach Incident Manager for the organization
- Establish Data Stewards in every building
- Establish a procedure for identifying and responding to data incidents
- Data Incident Protocols (copy to your Google account)
- Data Incident Report (copy to your Google account)
- Data Incident Log (copy to your Google account)