Social Media Awareness Campaign
Student learning is a shared responsibility between schools and parents. Technology is transforming how and where students learn. The classroom has been extended to any location with an internet connection. As students spend more time learning and socializing online, we all need to work together to ensure our students stay healthy and safe. The Social Media Awareness Campaign (SMACtalk) was formed in response to this need. The purpose of SMACtalk is to bring awareness, provide resources, and increase communication for teachers, parents, and students.
The 2022 SMACtalk Summer Calendar is here!
Looking for some ways to have those social media awareness conversations as a family this summer? Check out this summer calendar with daily prompts to explore our SMACtalk resources or practice your skills in the real world. It's is a collection of the best content from the past two years of our campaign. Take just a few minutes a day to learn something new. Share with us how you're talking SMAC this summer by using our #SMACtalkAR hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Download the calendar now and then share it with a friend.
SMACtalk in the Press
- Campaign focuses on internet safety, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, September 2, 2021 (article)
- ADE Launches Social Media Awareness Campaign (SMACtalk), Harrison Daily Times, September 4, 2021 (article)
- ADE launches social media awareness campaign "SMACtalk" for students, teachers, parents, KATV Local News, September 2, 2021 (article and video)
- AR Dept. of Education wants parents to keep SMACtalk conversations going all summer, KATV Good Morning Arkansas, May 12, 2021 (video)
- Marshall High student recognized by AR Dept. of Education for 'Unplug to Recharge" video, KATV Good Morning Arkansas, April 8, 2021 (video)
- Officer shares personal tragedy to warn families and children about online dangers, KATV Good Morning Arkansas, March 8, 2021 (video)
- AR Dept. of Education SMACtalk initiative focuses on creating an online presence, KATV Good Morning Arkansas, February 8, 2021 (video)
- ADE focusing on fact vs fiction as part of monthly social media awareness campaign, KATV Good Morning Arkansas, December 16, 2020 (video)
- ADE launches social media awareness campaign, KATV Good Morning Arkansas, October 2, 2020 (video)
For more information, please contact:
Ray Girdler, Director of Data Use & Privacy
Arkansas Department of Education
Division of Elementary and Secondary Education
Office of Research & Technology