Computer Science PRAXIS 5652 Study Resources
The Arkansas Department of Education has identified the following resources as potentially beneficial for individuals preparing to take the Computer Science PRAXIS 5652. If you are aware of other study resources that can be used at no charge by Arkansas educators, please email us.
ETS PRAXIS Resources
Arkansas Statewide Computer Science Specialist Resources
- High School Concept Questions
- We strongly suggest that you attempt the full question packet before downloading the High School Concept Questions with Answers
LinkEdIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) Courses/Videos
ArkansasIDEAS (http://ideas.aetn.org/) is now providing access to LinkEdIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) to all Arkansas public and charter school teachers and administrators through the ArkansasIDEAS portal. Lynda.com adds over 5,161 technology professional development courses to the ArkansasIDEAS learning system. These courses focus on various technological subjects including developer, design, web, photography, business, education, 3D/animation, video and audio/music. Courses specific to computer science cover 116 programming languages and 5,347 video tutorials specific to programming. These programming classes will provide incredible support for computer science teachers. In addition, all teachers now have a wealth of technology courses available at their convenience.
To access the LinkEdIn Learning at no cost, first log into your ArkansasIDEAS (http://ideas.aetn.org/) account and navigate to the LinkEdIn Learning link under the "Additional Training Resources" section. Once validated through ArkansasIDEAS the links below should take the user directly to the courses. If not, once validated, please use the search bar to find the courses by name.
- Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals with Simon Allardice
- One or more of the Specific Modern Language Essentials Courses - Example courses include:
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician Essential Training - Note: Some of the later chapters may go well beyond what is expected knowledge for the 5652 PRAXIS
- CompTIA A+ Exam Prep - Note: This is a 34 hour learning pathway, much of it will not be on the PRAXIS 5652, but it is a good resource to establish a solid knowledge base of computers and computing systems.
Last Update: April 22, 2022
Disclaimer: ADE makes no assurances of validity or usefulness of these resources and does not offer any guarantee of success to the individuals that access the above listed resources and take the Computer Science PRAXIS 5652. Links to third-party websites do not constitute an endorsement of the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products, services, or accessibility of the sites.