School District Waiver
School District Waiver Request Process
- District must submit (1) a completed application; (2) a signed copy of the resolution adopted by the school district’s board of directors authorizing the district to request the waiver; and (3) evidence of stakeholder involvement, including teachers and student families. Waiver requests and documentation should be emailed to email@example.com.
- The submitted waiver requests are reviewed by a DESE and feedback is provided to the district.
- If needed, the district updates the waiver request to address any questions or concerns from the internal review committee and then resubmits the waiver request to DESE.
- The waiver request in placed on the State Board of Education agenda for consideration.
- Representatives from the district present the waiver request during the State Board of Education meeting.
- The district is provided a written response regarding the decision of the State Board of Education.
Please be mindful that this process can take up to 90 days from a district’s final submission. If the district must make changes to the original waiver request after receiving feedback from DESE, the 90-day timeline does not begin until the final submission.
For more information, please contact: