Schools on the Move Toward Excellence
The Schools on the Move Toward Excellence campaign celebrates schools that utilize a continuous cycle of inquiry (plan, do, check) to demonstrate improvement on recent state and federal accountability reports. This results in improving student achievement and growth in English Language Arts and mathematics, while also improving other measures of school performance.
The Every Student Succeeds Act gave districts the opportunity to redefine accountability for their schools and utilize evidence-based strategies that best meet their specific needs. Under ESSA, Arkansas created a plan with input from all stakeholders, including educators and community members. Arkansas' ESSA School Index contains five indicators for success: Weighted Achievement, Growth, progress toward English Language Proficiency, Graduation Rate, and School Quality and Student Success.
Through the Schools on the Move campaign, DESE highlights schools that show significant progress on different indicators, such as the following:
- Increase in letter grade and ESSA School Index score by at least 5 points
- Weighted Achievement score increased by at least 10 points
- Value-added Growth score was higher than 97.5% of schools
Congratulations to these schools for improving learning for Arkansas students!
2023 Featured Schools on the Move Toward Excellence
Annual Schools on the Move Reports
- 2023 Schools on the Move Toward Excellence
- 2022 Schools on the Move Toward Excellence
- 2021 Schools on the Move Toward Excellence
- 2019 Schools on the Move Toward Excellence
- 2018 Schools on the Move Toward Excellence