Archived School Performance Information
The following is archived statistical information and reports related to school performance.
Click here to view the approved Arkansas Flexibility Request, July 27, 2015. For more information, go to the U.S. Department of Education’s website at http://www2.ed.gov/policy/elsec/guid/esea-flexibility/map/ar.html.
Priority Schools PowerPoint (posted Sept. 25, 2015)
Focus Schools PowerPoint (posted Sept. 28, 2015)
Priority and Focus Schools FAQs (PDF)
The U. S. Department of Education allowed each State Education Agency (SEA) the opportunity to request flexibility on behalf of the State, Districts, and Schools to better focus on improving educational outcomes, closing achievement gaps, and increasing the quality of instruction. This opportunity will provide flexibility regarding specific requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB). In addition, this flexibility will build on and support the significant State and District reform efforts already underway.
The U.S. Department of Education staff has reviewed and approved Arkansas’s "ESEA Flexibility Accountability Addendum." The addendum provides comprehensive information regarding the Arkansas’s system of differentiated recognition, accountability and support. It outlines the process for determining status of schools and districts based on expected performance gains for student achievement and the secondary indicators. ESEA Flexibility was approved by the U.S. Department of Education in 2012 and was amended July 10, 2013.
The documents and files under Related Links and Related Files to the right are archived Elementary Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Flexibility materials.
Revised ESEA Flexibility Request (Revised July 27, 2015)
Schools Grouped by ESEA Status
To learn about how schools were grouped by status under ESEA, go to the ESEA Flexibility link under related files.
- November 2017 Focus Schools List
- March 2017 Focus Schools List
- December 2015 Focus Schools List
- September 2015 Focus Schools List
- 2011 Focus Schools List
- March 2017 Priority Schools List
- December 2015 Priority Schools List
- September 2015 Priority Schools List
- 2011 Priority Schools List
- 2012 Arkansas School ESEA Accountability Reports Released
- 137 Schools Improve, Receive Achieving Status
ESEA Flexibility Documents
- ESEA Flexibility Plan Explained
- Summary of Arkansas's ESEA Flexibility
- ESEA Flexibility Accountability Addendum
- 2012 ESEA Flexibility Request for Arkansas
- ESEA Flexibility Talking Points
- ESEA Flexibility Acronym List
- ESEA Flexibility Presentation CIV Training
- ESEA Flexibility Request Attachments
Grades for Schools
The A-F grading scale is a widely accepted way to identify how well a student is performing in school, especially on tests and assignments. To learn more about what the grades mean, check out A-F Calculation and A-F Reporting videos.
- Grades for Schools Handout (bit.ly/1YbuTxF)
- Grades for Schools Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzj_1sSPf1k)
- A-F Calculation Video
- A-F Reporting Video
- 2015 School Letter Grades Spreadsheet
Previous report card information is available on the following webpage: https://adesrc.arkansas.gov. For immediate assistance, contact the School Performance Unit at 501-682-7339.
Grade Inflation Reports
To view the graduation rates from 2010 to 2017, please go to Graduation Rates.
- Classified Academic Distress Schools as of March 9, 2017
- Classified Academic Distress Districts as of March 9, 2017
- All Schools Academic Distress Scores 2016
- All Districts Academic Distress Scores 2016
- Classified Academic Distress Schools as of April 14, 2016
- Classified Academic Distress Districts as of April 14, 2016
- 2014 Academic Distress Schools
- 2013 Academic Distress Schools
Consolidated Schools Report
The Arkansas Department of Education is required to track the educational progress of students from annexed or consolidated school districts. This Performance Tracking for Students from Consolidated Schools provides a summary of findings as well as data tables to reference as required by law.
- Performance of Students from Consolidated and Non-Consolidated Schools-2016 Report
- Performance of Students from Consolidated and Non-Consolidated Schools-2013 Report
- ESEA Flexibility Waiver FAQs
- Arkansas' Approved ESEA Flexibility Request
- ESEA Flexibility
- U.S. Department of Education ESEA - Flexibility FAQs
- Sample Parent/Guardian Notification-Discontinuation of NCLB School Choice and/or SES
- ESEA Flexibility Presentation for Needs Improvement Priority and Needs Improvement Focus Schools
- Arkansas Flexibility Q&A
- AR Flexibility Discussion