Legal Transfers

To apply for a transfer under Arkansas Code § 6-18-316, please use the Legal Transfer petition form on this page. If you are appealing a school district’s denial of a transfer, please send an appeal request in writing to and attach copies of the applications that were provided to the school districts, as well as the denying school district’s reasons for denying the transfer petition.

For more information, please contact:

Arkansas Department of Education
Office of Legal Services
Phone: 501-682-4227

File download iconRelated Files