Health and Physical Education Resources
Recommendations from the Arkansas Act 1298 of 2013 Task Force for the Prevention Through Education of Child Sexual Abuse
Physical Education / Health Resources
The following resources provide information about healthy lifestyles and active living, and may be helpful for teachers and their students.
- American Heart Association
- Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
- Arkansas State Parks
- Ask, Listen, Learn
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Kids Health
- Leave No Trace
- Little Rock Marathon
- Midwest Dairy Association
- National Park Service
- SHAPE America - Society of Health and Physical Educators
- The President's Challenge
- Together Counts
- UAMS Curriculum for Healthy Homes
- United States Department of Agriculture's My Plate
- University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service
Resources for Inclusive Physical Education
The term "inclusive physical education" means physical education classes and activities in which all studens, regardless of disabilities or other circumstances, are able to participate together to the best of their abilities in meaningful physical activities. The following resources can help schools implement inclusive physical education programs and activities:
- 6-12 Physical Activity Curriculum - A comprehensive Guide to Inclusive Physical Education and Sports Activities that includes an overview of inclusive physical education, its benefits, best practices, and strategies.
- Get Into It - Education and engagement tools with a focus on service learning and interactivity.
- Fitness Tracker - A one-page PDF fitness tracker that allows students to track their goals for exercise, nutrition, and hydration.
- Strive Assessments - A fitness assessment tool for measuring the current fitness level of Special Olympics athletes.
- Special Olympics Arkansas - A resource page for young athletes.
- Young Athletes Toolkit - Activity guides and resource videos for young athletes.
Disclaimer: Links to third-party websites do not constitute an endorsement of the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products, services, or accessibility of the sites.