Empathy Be Aware of Others
This principle refers to the ability to take the perspective of and have empathy for others; recognizing and appreciating similarities and differences in others from diverse backgrounds; and appreciating individual and community similarities and differences. Students who are empathetic and socially aware are able to navigate in varying social situations and access and utilize family, school, and community resources and supports.
As an Arkansas graduate, I am:
- Empathetic to others’ feelings
- I am aware of the roles, thoughts, feelings, and perspective of others.
- I am able to value the perspectives of others and empathize.
- Socially aware of cultural issues and differences
- I am aware of cultural issues that exist in my world and exhibit a respect for human dignity and differences.
- I work with others to achieve common goals.
- I have the ability to read and respond to individual and environmental cues.
- A collaborative team player
- I am able to evaluate options and make connections while working with others.
- I am able to understand that I can make a lasting impact on the way people think, act or behave by my actions.
- I can identify ways in which I can positively contribute to my community.
- I can recognize and utilize family, school, and community resources and supports.
- I can compromise and work effectively with others.