Deaf/Hard of Hearing Students
What we Do
In alignment with the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education’s mission, vision, and goals, Arkansas Deaf Educational Services works to promote positive outcomes for all of Arkansas' students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing by providing leadership, support, and services to students and their schools.
We support public school districts throughout Arkansas who serve students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
Services We Provide
We provide services to districts throughout Arkansas. Some of our services include:
- Providing classroom resources and recommendations for Deaf/Hard of Hearing (D/HH) students in your local school district
- Providing strategies for teaching students who are D/HH to meet their unique needs
- Collaborating to support targeted literacy strategies that are aligned with Arkansas’ R.I.S.E. initiative
- Discussing potential classroom accommodations to benefit students who are D/HH
- Collaborating with other Arkansas Collaborate Consultants to provide support for students who have multiple disabilities, including Deafness
- Delivering professional development for your staff to support creating inclusive learning spaces for students who are D/HH
- Providing information regarding working with ASL Interpreters, including Arkansas ASL Interpreter Standards
- Recommending resources for learning ASL online or in person.
For more information, please contact:Stacey Tatera, Deaf Education Specialist
Arkansas Department of Education
Division of Elementary and Secondary Education
1401 West Capitol Avenue, Suite 450
Little Rock, AR 72201