Inspire & Impact Videos
The Division of Elementary and Secondary Education's Inspire & Impact videos feature future and current educators in Arkansas. Please watch the episodes and read the episode profile for additional insight:
|Anthony Alexander, J.A. Fair High School||Bethany Holt, Arkansas Teacher Cadets Program|
|Episode 1 Profile||Episode 2 Profile|
Learn About the Teach Arkansas Campaign
Students in Arkansas deserve highly effective educators in every classroom. Teachers inspire today and impact tomorrow. Like many other states, Arkansas faces challenges when it comes to hiring and retaining teachers. However, Arkansas is being recognized nationally for its student-focused work. In hopes of rejuvenating the teacher pipeline, the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education is excited to share the resources and opportunities available through our Teach Arkansas campaign.
Goals of the Teach Arkansas Campaign
- Increase the number of candidates entering Arkansas Educator Preparation Programs by 20 percent in 5 years
- Increase the number of novice teachers in Arkansas public schools by 10 percent in 5 years
- Decrease the Arkansas teacher attrition rate by 15 percent in 5 years
- Increase the number of teachers re-entering the teaching profession in Arkansas by 5 percent in 5 years
- Increase the number of minority teachers in public schools by 25 percent in 5 years
- The ADE is planning to host regional sessions for educators who are preparing to take the licensure assessments. This will provide additional support for teacher candidates who may need guidance in preparing for the assessments. More information will be provided once details are confirmed.
- Teachers with at least three years of teaching experience will have new opportunities for professional growth as teacher leaders through new licenses for a Lead Professional Educator and Master Professional Educator beginning January 1, 2019.
- For returning teachers, the number of required professional development hours have been reduced to 36 hours. Free online professional development is available through the ArkansasIDEAS portal at http://ideas.aetn.org. Licensed teachers seeking to return to the profession can contact the ADE Licensure Unit at (501) 682-4342 to learn more.
For more information, please contact:
Four Capitol Mall, Room 402-B
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201