Learn About the Teach Arkansas Campaign
Students in Arkansas deserve highly effective educators in every classroom. Teachers inspire today and impact tomorrow. Like many other states, Arkansas faces challenges when it comes to hiring and retaining teachers. However, Arkansas is being recognized nationally for its student-focused work. In hopes of rejuvenating the teacher pipeline, the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education is excited to share the resources and opportunities available through our Teach Arkansas campaign.
Goals of the Teach Arkansas Campaign
- Attract a diverse, representative educator workforce.
- Prepare aspiring educators to be day one ready.
- Develop early career educators to meet the needs of all students.
- Support career educators through growth and advancement opportunities.
- Retain a diverse, representative educator workforce that meets the needs of all students.
- The ADE is planning to host regional sessions for educators who are preparing to take the licensure assessments. This will provide additional support for teacher candidates who may need guidance in preparing for the assessments. More information will be provided once details are confirmed.
- Teachers with at least three years of teaching experience will have new opportunities for professional growth as teacher leaders through new licenses for a Lead Professional Educator and Master Professional Educator beginning January 1, 2019.
- For returning teachers, the number of required professional development hours have been reduced to 36 hours. Free online professional development is available through the ArkansasIDEAS portal at http://ideas.aetn.org. Licensed teachers seeking to return to the profession can contact the ADE Licensure Unit at (501) 682-4342 to learn more.
For more information, please contact:
Four Capitol Mall, Room 402-B
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201