Social Studies Sample Review Units
Sample Review Units for Grade 8 Social Studies (U.S. History 1800-1900)
Grade 8 contains a distinct review for each Era, 1-3, and includes reading excerpts, worksheets and graphic organizers under the heading Handouts. Click on the specific Era to obtain the 1 to 2 page inquiry review, which contains a compelling question, supporting questions, formative performance tasks, suggested sources, a summative assessment, and taking informed action optional activity.
- Era 1 Age of Exploration Chart
- Era 1 Alvar Nunez Cabeza de Vaca Reading Primary Source
- Era 1 Excerpts Columbus Journal First Encounters
- Era 1 Hernando de Soto Readings
- Era 1 Interactions Between Colonists and Native American Populations Chart
- Era 1 Non-fiction Story Plan
- Era 2 British Policies Chart
- Era 2 Colonial Responses Chart
- Era 2 Colony Analysis
- Era 2 Regional Analysis
Era 3 for Grade 8 (Click below for handouts)
Sample Reviews for U.S. History Since 1890
U.S. History Since 1890 contains three distinct review options. Review 1 focuses on change and continuity from the beginnings of our country to 1890. Review 2 focuses on the compelling question “How did conflict and reform shape the United States”? Review 3 takes a thematic approach to change over time from our beginnings through 1890.
Sample Review for World History Since 1450
World History Since 1450 contains one sample review that is divided into 2 sections, Eras 1-3 and Eras 4-5 as students investigate the compelling questions, What makes a society a civilization and a civilization advanced? and In what ways did human interaction lead to the development of complex societies by 1450?
- SQ 3 civilization innovation chart
- SQ 4 comparison chart
- SQ 4 major belief systems graphic organizer
- SQ 4 major belief systems chart
- SQ 2 eras 4-5 GRAPES chart
For more information, please contact: